Protecting Rare Natural Flavors
Chocolate is one of the very few products with flavor crystals that can be protected and maximized. If you chose to make smaller chocolate creations from this bar, there are simple yet critical steps to follow. To protect and maximize the delicate flavor notes, these steps involve following specific temperatures during the process.
Our 1. 1 pound bars have been tempered when created. The flavor crystals are aligned perfectly to maximize the flavor notes. when you melt chocolate those crystals come apart and the unique flavors are significantly diminished.
Steps to retempering chocolate:
- Slowly melt all or part of the bar in a saucepan. chocolate melts best between 75 to 80 degrees F.
- Once completely melted, slowly raise the temperature to 118 degrees F and maintain that temperature for 5 minutes.
- Next, lower the temperature to 78 degrees and hold that temperature for 5 minutes.
- Increase that temperature to 88 degrees F. and hold that temperature while creating smaller products.
- Smaller products must be kept below 88 F. to keep the flavor crystals in place. above 88 F. will break the flavor crystals.